Toronto True Crime Film Festival…
The Toronto True Crime Film Festival will have its first annual edition this June 8th – 9th, 2018 at The Royal Cinema in Toronto. Over the course of its two-night, five-screening run, the festival will showcase short and feature-length films surrounding the topic of true crime. TTCFF will spotlight both documentaries and fictionalized films based on true crimes, as well as include a retro screening, multimedia presentations, and panel discussions.
The festival is now raising funds via a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo. The festival has set out to raise $3,500 to help cover festival expenses such as venue rental, guest travel and accommodation, screening fees, and more.
The campaign is in large part a chance to back TTCFF early on and purchase the festival’s All-Access Pass, with an array of awesome perks available to those who cannot attend the festival but would still like to show support, and who love true crime as much as we do! Full perks include:
• All-Access Passes to the 2018 festival
• Lifetime Passes for span of the festival’s existence
• Concession Cards which offer popcorn and soda from the screening venue
• Hunt A Killer subscription boxes
• Exclusive “A Wine To Remember” red wine from Investigation Discovery’s ID Wine Club
• Copies of SATANIC PANIC: POP-CULTURAL PARANOIA IN THE 1980S
• Signed copies of Joshua Zeman’s films CROPSEY and KILLER LEGENDS
• Signed copies of Christine Pelisek’s book THE GRIM SLEEPER
• Signed copies of true crime books from Kevin Flynn and Rebecca Lavoie
• Esotouric L.A. bus tour passes
With the venue booked and the programming just about lined up, the plan for the crowdfunding campaign is that funds raised will be able to take the festival to the next level—more filmmakers, more speakers, cool festival swag, and so much more!
The Toronto True Crime Film Festival is also proud to introduce its advisory committee at this time: Erin Lee Carr (director: Mommy Dead & Dearest, Thought Crimes), Kevin Flynn & Rebecca Lavoie (authors, podcasters: Our Little Secret, Notes on a Killing, Crime Writers On…, These Are Their Stories: the Law & Order Podcast), Christine Pelisek (journalist, author: PEOPLE Magazine, The Grim Sleeper: The Lost Women of South Central), Anthony Timpson (producer: The Field Guide To Evil, Deathgasm, Turbo Kid, The ABCs of Death, The Greasy Strangler), and Keila Woodard (Supervising Producer: Investigation Discovery, Web of Lies, Deadly Women). This committee has been alongside the festival every step of the way, offering advice, support, guidance, and expertise as they make their way towards opening night.
Crowdfunding is officially underway via IndieGoGo and can be accessed at the following link: https://igg.me/at/ttcff
Image: Kalia Heir